Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

I have so many things to be so very thankful for.  

I have a wonderful family that includes my Mom and Bryce's parents, our sisters Delita, Jeni, Jackie and Leah, and Ben, Bryce's brother.  

I have a partner in life whom I love and look forward to many more Thanksgivings with.  

I have two children who are the light of my life.

I have incredible friends with whom I get to share my life with.

I have a home in which our family stays cozy and dry, nurtured with wonderful food and time spent together and with family and friends.

 
On this particular day I'm also thankful that we have a pediatrician that is so attentive.  Grace woke up at 2 am with a horrible earache (yes, Harris just had one and no, they are not contagious!) and was in tremendous pain for much of the night.  When I called our doctor to see what I could do for her, she kindly offered to meet us at her office....on Thanksgiving morning.  Grace had a double ear infection and getting a prescription to help with the pain and to jump start the healing process was a true blessing.  
Grace slept most of the day and didn't even eat our Thanksgiving feast with us, but we are so thankful that this illness is a temporary one and we all have great health.

P.S.  I'm super excited that the holiday season has officially begun!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yuck! I am so sorry Grace was sick. I hope se gets better quickly. What a great feeling to have such an attentive doctor.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell Grace we wish her to get well soon

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips