Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted!


I voted! I took both the children with me, Grace was thrilled to be checked out of school even if it was for only 15 minutes. She felt important that she got to go with me to vote. Her school has a program called "Project Democracy" where the children also get to cast a vote. It was pretty neat. Grace says that someday we will vote for her as President, I'm not sure that I would ever wish that for my child. What a terribly hard job it must be. Happy voting!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! I can't believe they had school today. It is a SC law that schools must be closed on Presidential Election day.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. First year I have ever voted. I voted also as a south Carolina resident.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool experiece for Grace! There are free videos and quizzes about the election that Grace might enjoy on brainpop.com. We participated in the Mock Election at school last week too. Our school was closed today, but as an administrator, I was required to work anyway. I actually ended up taking the afternoon off.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips