Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Birth Day


Tomorrow is Harris' birthday!  And while I am incredibly happy for us - him for making it another year, us for making it another year - I'm also very sad.  He's my baby and it's hard to accept that he's no longer a baby.  From the moment he was born I was instantly in love with his sweet tiny self.  I've logged many hours carrying him around and I'm so very thankful for each and every one. I'm fortunate in that he still is very affectionate and will always give me a hug or a kiss and tell me he loves me.  I just hope he will someday understand how very much I love him.  

Here are the top 10 things I love about Harris right now....

1.  His beautiful face, smile (missing two teeth) and curly hair.

2.  How much he adores his Dad and wants to be just like him (that's motivation to live right!).

3.  How he can't say the letter "s" so the sentence, "I want to show you something" ends up sounding something like, "I want to hoe you humpin'."

4.  How much he loves his sister.

5.  When he hugs you he clings on like a monkey and you don't want him to let go.

6.  His wonderful imagination.

7.  How he really likes to help, whether it be cleaning, cooking or working outside.

8.  That he wants to be a "worker" when he grows up.

9.  He's stubborn and has a mind of his own (this drives me crazy at times, but I think that it is good for him).

10.  He's all ours!

1 comment:

  1. How special! What a great post. Make sure you print it out for him (and for you so when you have a really bad day you can remember this 10 great things!).
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips