Saturday, September 20, 2008

Repainted cabinet...again

When we first moved to this house we had the rather unpleasant realization that much of our furniture just didn't fit.  Of course, our favorite and special pieces we found spots for but one item we could not fit in.  Eight years ago in Atlanta I found this china cabinet at a consignment store for $100.  At the time it was a maple finish and very dated, but I loved the petite stature and the wide open glass windows.  I bought it, painted it black and it fit perfectly in the breakfast area of our home in Atlanta.  

When we moved here there was nowhere to put it before or after the renovation, but I couldn't bear to get rid of it so we put it in the basement.  Every once in a while I would take new measurements and try to work it in somewhere.  Finally, this summer we decided to bring it up and put it in the dining area, even though I was worried it would make the room look unbalanced.  I decided that it was more important to have things out that I would enjoy and use rather than worry too much about fit.  

We hauled the cabinet up from the basement and had to once again paint it because the black did not compliment our kitchen/dining room.  (I'm really thankful that Bryce is such a good sport!)  What I really love about the cabinet is that it shows off my favorite dining and serving pieces.  It makes me happy and reminds me to use them!


P.S.  I'm not sure what I'm going to put over the cabinet yet!

P.P.S.  I arranged all my favorite pieces in the cabinet...then my mom came along and rearranged all my favorite pieces.  They look better her way!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the cabinet in black and loved it...I also love it in white. Can't wait to hear what color it is next year...HA! What a perfect fit for it.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's no way that cabinet is getting painted again...unless someone else is going to do it! Any volunteers???

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips