Monday, September 22, 2008

Now It's Fall


I had big plans for the children and I to usher Fall in today.  After school we were going to the apple orchard to pick apples and read some books about fall and Johnny Appleseed.  

Then Grace threw up at school.  Harris and I had walked up to the library, and I had forgotten my cell phone.  I strolled home to find Bryce and my mom both pulling in the driveway. Apparently since I was unreachable the school called Bryce, who called my mom- who was waiting for an appliance repairman.  When he left my mom set out to pickup Grace.  Meanwhile, Bryce also left to pick up Grace.  Mass confusion (for me) ensued.  The moral of the story is to try really hard to bring my phone with me everywhere I go.  I'm really bad about that.
What did our parents do before cellphones?  
Even though we couldn't go to the orchard we read the sweetest book, "Now It's Fall" by Lois Lenski.    The book is the size of your hand and the pictures are very vintage, which of course they are because the book was first published in 1948.  The verse of the book covers pretty much every aspect of fall in a really sweet and gentle way.

  

2 comments:

  1. What a crazy day? How is Grace? I bet the teacher's think you area great mom now!!!

    I need to check out that book.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace is better, though she did miss school today.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips