Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ratatouille

I thought I would share a new recipe that I discovered a few weeks ago.  I had an over abundance of vegetables from the farm and was flipping through the recipe book "The Swan's Palette" looking for something to use them in.  I found a recipe for Ratatouille and since it would use up 5 vegetables I decided to try it.  We all really liked it!  Of course, we ended up having an impromptu movie night and watching the Disney movie "Ratatouille".  We can't pass up a good theme! 

    Ratatouille
2 large onions, sliced
3 green bell peppers, chopped
6 tablespoons vegetable oil  (I use less)
2 zucchini, sliced
1 small eggplant, peeled and chopped
1 (29 oz.) can chopped plum tomatoes, drained
2 teaspoons salt
2 garlic cloves, crushed

Saute onions and bellpeppers in the oil in a large skillet until the onions begin to turn golden brown.  Add zucchini, eggplant tomatoes and salt and mix well.
Simmer covered for 40 minutes.  Add garlic and simmer 2 minutes.  Adjust seasonings.

1 comment:

  1. It really is delicious! I got to sample the leftovers as everyone headed for vacation in Colorado.
    Two scrumptious meals I didn't have to cook---what a treat!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips